DITA for Structured Content Creation (oXygen)
This course introduces you to essential DITA tasks and oXygen methods of accomplishing those tasks to produce XHTML, HTML5, PDF, RTF, and Word output.
In this course, you learn how to:
- create DITA concept, task, and reference topics
- use DITA maps to bind DITA topics into usable documents
- use Heretto to output DITA projects to XHTML, HTML5, PDF, RTF, and Word output
- add graphics and tables to topics
- link topics both as hypertext links and as standard hardcopy cross-references
- format oXygen output with HTML and CSS
- use variables and conrefs for often-used and often-changed text in oXygen projects
- create conditions (different audiences, version, platforms, for example), tag topics and maps accordingly.
- output DITA projects according to specified conditions
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
DITA job postings indeed.com August 2022 excerpt (popup)
Example units from this course:
Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 U.S., plus purchase a one-year license to Syncro oXygen for $59 US. See https://www.oxygenxml.com/buy_subscription_a12_editor.html
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have three months (93 days) to complete the seven units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by email@example.com.