Using Camtasia: Start and Save a Video Recording
Note: Most of the links have been removed from this page.
This video walks you through starting a Camtasia 8 recording.
If you see problems, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know.
- Double-click the Camtasia icon.
- When the Camtasia main screen comes up, click Record the screen.
- In the controls at the bottom right of your desktop:
- Set the audio control to record your audio.
- Do not turn on system audio.
- Adjust the video recording area.
- Click rec
- When your recording completes, press F10 (or click the white rectangle with the C ).
- Save the .trec file using some identifiable name. Copy the name.
- In the main Camtasia screen, use the file name you copied to save this project (in this case, as a .camproj).
The next step is to edit the recording—but you do that next unit.
Complete This Unit
To reassure your instructor that you have gotten through this unit successfully:
- Generate an MP4 of your Camtasia project.
- E-mail the MP4 to your instructor at email@example.com (click this link). If your MP4 is over 25 MB, use the Google Drive option.
Return to your bookmarked course main page.
Note: If you are using free Camtasia 2018, see Camtasia 2018 Help, for this unit, "Record the Screen and Audio."
How To Use Camtasia Studio 8 - Full Tutorial Overview
Camtasia Studio 8 Overview & Tutorial
How to Create Training Videos. What we are doing!
3 Ways to Edit a Video for Technical Documentation. For your career as a technical writer!
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.