MadCap Flare for Content Creation
course, you learn how use to use MadCap Flare to create fully-functional PDFs that include front and back pages with images, automated tables of content, glossaries and indexes; automated numbering streams for chapters, appendixes, page numbers, figure and tables numbers; custom page layouts and page numbering. You learn how to output your Flare projects not only to PDF but also XHTML, HTML5, Word, and others.
If you want to learn how to use Flare to create online help, separate tutorials are available for that.
In this course, you learn to:
- create topics for chapters, appendixes, front and back pages, indexes, glossaries, TOCs, edition notices
- set up chapter headings and figure and title numbers to auto-increment when built
- design custom page layouts
- specify page-numbering, footer and header style
- create an attractive title page and chapter first pages with images and special formatting
- auto-generate the table of content, index, cross-references, and glossary when built
- use variables and snippets for often-used, often-changed text
- add images to your Flare projects
- output Flare projects not only to PDF but also XHTML, HTML5, Word, and others
- import and convert Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, DITA, CHM, XML, HTML files into your Flare projects
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Register for this course!
Back to the course catalog
MadCap Flare job posts indeed.com August 2022 excerpt (popup).
Example units from this course:
Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 USD. No other purchases necessary.
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Register for this course!
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.