Markdown for Technical Writers
In this course, you learn to:
- create your Markdown page and tranform it to HTML.
- modify your Markdown page to include headings and bulleted and numbered lists.
- modify your Markdown page to include tables.
- modify your Markdown page to include hypertext links.
- start a new Markdown page in which you include typographical effects such a bold and italics.
- modify your new Markdown page to include one or more images.
- modify your Markdown page to include code and a "fenced" code block.
- start a new Markdown page in which you use CSS to specify another font and colors.
- modify your Markdown page to include one or more Mermaid-based diagrams.
You use videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 USD. No other purchases necessary.
Back to the course catalog
- Once we receive your payment for this course, we send you a link in which you select a start date. Your schedule is then set up for you with due dates starting 3 days from the start date you selected.
- For each unit:
- you do some reading, watch some videos to learn concepts and procedures for that unit. (You can skip units for whatever reason, but if you need a recommendation, your instructor will mention those omissions.)
- Use whichever software you prefer, but check out the one listed that support Markdown tagging and transform to HTML.
- you then practice the concepts and procedures of that unit. The videos show you step by step how to do the practice work for that unit.
- you send the practice work to your instructor, who reviews and comments, and if necessary explains revisions needed. You repeat the revision–review cycle until your instructor signs off. (You can choose not to revise—it's your course, your money.)
Here are the requirements for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- If you want to study related topics not covered in this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
No required purchase of textbooks or software!
Information and programs provided by email@example.com.