Basic ecommerce (Woocommerce)
In this course, you learn to create a Woocommerce store within Pantheon; develop your idea for an online store and the products it offers; create physical (both simple and variable) and digital products; design the front page of your store; create individual pages for each of your products; use variables and attributes for product details; customize and experiment with themes; set up payment, taxes, shipping; back up your WooCommerce site.
Your WooCommerce site will be located in Pantheon free-access. However, to go live with your WooCommerce site, you will need to pay Pantheon a monthly fee or find and migrate to another web service.
Back to the course catalog
In this course, you:
- read about ecommerce and Woocommerce; visit Woocommerce sites to understand how it us used
- create your own free Pantheon site and WooCommerce site that exists within Pantheon
- develop ideas for your own WooCommerce site and the products it offers
- create physical and digital products with descriptions and settings such as costs, inventory status
- create variable products that depend on amount ordered, size, color, etc.
- design an inviting, attractive front page for your WooCommerce store
- create attractive pages for each of your products
- set up your payment method, taxation, shipping
- try out different available themes or customize your own
- back up your WooCommerce site in case of crash
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and notify your instructor when you have parts of your WooCommerce site ready for review.
Example units from this course:
Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 US; no other purchases necessary.
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by email@example.com.