XML for Structured Content Creation (oXygen)
This course covers important concepts and task involving creating XML documents in Syncro oXygen and outputting those documents in XHTML, HTML5, PDF, RTF, and Word.
In this course, you learn to:
- use the basic XML functions of oXygen
- create well-formed documents
- create elements and attributes to structure XML content
- set up DTDs to establish required structure for XML documents
- create and use XSLT to output XML documents to XHTML, HTML5, PDF, RTF, and Word
- add HTML and CSS to format XSLT output
- Add links and graphic images to XML output
- use XSL-FO to output XML documents to PDF
- use XSLT to simulate conditional output
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Back to the course catalog
Structured authoring job posting indeed.com August 2023 excerpt (popup)
Example units from this course:
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.