Adobe FrameMaker for Content Creation
Back to the course catalog
In this course course, you learn how to use Adobe FrameMaker for basic formatting; use and modify FrameMaker styles (tags), templates and master pages; automate chapter, figure, table, and page numbering; create and build fully functional standard hardcopy books.
- use basic tasks such as creating and saving files, making text italics or bold, changing fonts, changing tabs and margins, applying standard styles (tags) (such as for headings or numbered lists) in FrameMaker
- apply styles (tags) and modify them as necessary in FrameMaker
- use existing styles (tags) to format text so that it looks exactly like a PDF document (developed originally in FrameMaker)
- create comon types of tables in FrameMaker
- apply templates and master pages, and create your own in FrameMaker
- use graphics and unformatted text supplied by your instructor to create a well-designed technical document using styles (tags) that you have created in FrameMaker
- create and incorporate graphics into FrameMaker documents (with anchored frames); create simple drawings in FrameMaker
- document a simple computer hardware or software task using FrameMaker styles (tags) that you have designed in FrameMaker
- create various styles of cross-references—both within the same FrameMaker document and between FraneMaker documents
- automate any numbering stream in a FrameMaker book; enable versions of the same documents, and create variables for rapid updating
- use reference pages to store frequently used graphics that must be positioned consistently throughout a document, to hold boilerplate material or clip art that you can copy and paste on body pages (for example, symbols for cautions and notes), and to maintain hypertext commands, formatting information for generated lists and indexes.
- "build" books using FrameMaker: bring multiple documents into a book structure and automate tables of contents, cross-references, indexes, and numbering streams
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these FrameMaker tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Note: Units on enabling HTML output from FrameMaker files and creating DITA projects with FrameMaker files available by requests for an additional $100 USD each.
FrameMaker job postings indeed.com August 2022 excerpt (popup)
Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 USD, plus purchase of a one-year license to Adobe FrameMaker for $29.99/mo US ($359.88/yr US). See https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker.html
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this FrameMaker course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this FrameMaker course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this FrameMaker course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this FrameMaker course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.