XHTML/CSS for Content Creation—Part 1
In this course, you learn how to use a macro-based HTML editor and create HTML pages with hypertext links, vertical lists, tables, images, boxes, borders, different fonts and color, and audio-visual resources.
Back to the course catalog
See what's offered in XHTML/CSS for Content Creation—Part 2.
In this first part, you learn to:
- get an overview of the internet and internet browsers
- use Sublime Text or Visual Studio Code as your HTML editor
- create your own "space" at W3schools or on your own web host
- create your first web page
- modify your first web page to include common HTML tags
- create another web page and set basic types of links between your two web pages
- get an introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and create one more web pages that use CSS
- create or modify a web page that uses different and different colors
- create a web page that includes several basic types of tables and vertical lists
- create a web page that uses various kinds of boxes and borders
- create a web page that includes images, positioned in different ways
- add audio (MP3) and video (MP4) to your we page
- create a wonderful web site that uses all of the functions listed above.
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, post your web pages and images to your W3schools site, and send the URL to the instructor for review.
Example units from this course:
XHTML/CSS–Part 1 Course cost: McMurrey Associates $175 USD, no other purchases necessary.
Also available is a course combining XHTMLCSS–Course 1 and XHTMLCSS–Course 2
Combined Course cost: McMurrey Associates $275 USD, no other purchases necessary.
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 93 days to complete the units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- If you want to study related topics not covered in this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by email@example.com.