CodePen for Technical Writers
In this course, you:
- set up an account with CodePen.
- read about CodePen: how and when it started, what's good about it, how to use it.
- explore numerous pens available at CodePen.
- create a simple pen of your own.
- fork or export a pen, and experiment with changes to it.
- follow and communicate with other CodePen developers.
- develop an interesting pen of your own.
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Here are links to the other IDE courses:
Note: This IDE course assumes you will be working with HTML and CSS. If you need to study that, see:
- XHTML/CSS Course 1. Basic web page, Visual Studio Code, lists, basic CSS, images, color, tables, boxes, and borders, audio, video, final project
- XHTML/CSS Course 2. Tooltips, popups, forms, tripane format, Bootstrap menus, accordions, carousel, responsive pages, hero image, long-scroll, final project
Back to the course catalog
CodePen job posts indeed.com excerpt (popup).
Example units from this course:
No other purchases necessary.
You use links, videos and transcripts of those videos to learn these tasks, e-mail your instructor when you have questions, and send your work to the instructor for review.
Course cost: $175 US
Here are the policies for this course:
- You have 56 days to complete the units of this course.
- You are welcome to work ahead of the schedule you see on your schedule page for this course. If you foresee needing extra time, contact email@example.com
- You can choose whether to take this course for a letter grade or pass–fail.
- No refunds will be granted after the third day that you have access to this course.
- Unless results are automatic, your instructor will review, comment on, and return your work within three days of receipt. Expect an e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your work.
- Your instructor is available many hours per week to answer your questions and provide other help. Setting up an appointment works best.
- The topics in this course are the most important at beginning and intermediate levels. You can request units on other topics; your instructor will consider adding them.
- Your instructor will gladly provide you with a letter describing the quality of your work in this course.
- Your instructor will make reasonable efforts to ensure your success in this course but can make no guarantees concerning your writing or career success outside of this course.
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.